Easter & Passover Flowers
In Christianity, Easter celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ and is known throughout the world as a celebration of spring. Passover celebrates the freedom of the Israelites from slavery in Egypt.
Spring Holiday Floral Decorating Ideas
- Decorate your brunch table with votive candles interspersed among several vases of spring blooms. Guests can each take home a small vase as a party favor.
- Surprise your guests with corsages and boutonnieres to wear to religious services.
- Line your entryway with beautiful blooming spring plants. A wreath of spring flowers on your front door is a fabulous finishing touch.
- Decorate each place setting at your table with a different flower variety. Include each variety in a vase for your table centerpiece.
- Garnish hors d’oeuvre trays with spring flowers.
- Ask your florist to make a design in a teapot or a cluster of teacups. Or place a small bloom on each saucer when serving tea.
- Fill a traditional wicker basket with mixed spring flowers to use as a centerpiece. Or place blooms among the eggs in your Easter basket. For a charming effect place smaller baskets and candles next to the flowers. This can also be done with clay pots.
Spring Flower Suggestions
￼Spring flowers include: tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, iris, daisies, lily of the valley, violets, pansies, lilies, mini carnations, gerbera daisies, pussywillow, and flowering branches such as forsythia and cherry blossoms.
Potted plants in season include: tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, azaleas, Easter lilies, daisies, violets, and kalanchoe.
Lilies & Cat Lovers
According to the National Animal Poison Control Center, certain types of lilies can cause renal failure in cats that have ingested any part of the lily. The Society of American Florists recommends keeping lilies out of the reach of cats. It is important to note that lilies do not pose a problem for other pets or humans.
Aboutflowers.com is hosted by the Society of American Florists, the U.S. floral industry trade association. Click below to find a local SAF member florist to send flowers, roses and gifts for delivery.