Just like people, flowers come in hundreds of shapes and sizes. When it comes to Valentine’s Day gifts, carefully selecting the flower varieties and colors you send will result in a thoughtful, customized gift your sweetheart will treasure. The first step is to consider your sweetheart’s preferences:
- What colors does he or she like? Men respond well to vivid, crisp colors such as red, orange, purple and blue. Women tend to relish pastel tones of pinks, peaches and lavenders.
- Does she have any favorite flowers? What are his hobbies? Your florist can create arrangements that revolve around your sweetheart’s favorite hobby, sport or pastime.
- How to Create a Romantic Destination with Flowers
Ask yourself what message you want to convey. Consult with your florist, who can explain the assortment of possibilities available. To get the best selection and ensure prompt delivery, call your favorite florist the week before Valentine’s Day. When you call, have the necessary information handy: the recipient’s name, address, phone number, what you want to send and how you want to be billed. To help find a florist, visit our Florist Directory.
Common names: tea rose, sweetheart rose, spray rose
Description: With almost 120 varieties available, roses are a classic favorite. Roses span the color spectrum with varieties available in all shades of reds, pinks, purples, oranges, corals, peaches and whites.
Tea roses open 3 to 4 inches. Stems can be 12 — 30 inches. Spray roses can have several flowers on one stem.
Depending on the variety, roses typically last 4 — 7 days.
- For flowers delivered on February 13th: Couldn’t wait another day to say I Love You!
- For flowers delivered on February 13th: I love you so much I couldn’t wait for Valentine’s Day!
- Cupid’s aim is still pretty good.
- Today is a very special day for sending all my love your way!
- With you it’s Valentine’s Day 365 days a year.
Ask your florist for more suggestions.
Aboutflowers.com is hosted by the Society of American Florists, the U.S. floral industry trade association. Click below to find a local SAF member florist to send flowers, roses and gifts for delivery.