Celebrating International Women’s Day
Women’s Day, observed annually on March 8, is a day to honor and celebrate the achievements of women from around the world. With efforts dating back as early as 1908, the occasion is an official holiday in more than two dozen countries.
It is a time to recognize the amazingly influential women throughout history and today — from business to politics to athletics to philanthropy to celebrity. And it is a time to celebrate the amazing women we interact with on a daily basis and to express respect, appreciation and love.
Around the world, many people give flowers and other small gifts to their mothers, wives, grandmothers and daughters, as well as coworkers, teachers and friends in recognition of Women’s Day. Research at Rutgers University demonstrates flowers create instant delight and increase happiness and life satisfaction, making flowers a top choice for celebrations.
Do you know a woman — mom, sister, daughter, friend, spouse, co-worker — who deserves to be celebrated? Honor, respect and love translate so beautifully with flowers.
Some suggestions for Women’s Day flowers are:
- A flowering plant or a garden-style arrangement with greens and soft pastel hues – no matter what the flower – will send the message of love to your mom, grandmothers, aunts, sisters and daughters.
- Flowers to show friends or neighbors that you appreciate them have a natural, just-picked feeling. Garden-style flowers or a bright bold color palette are fun and whimsical options. A basket with a mix of flowering and green plants delivered to her door or office is also a sure-fire winner.
- Giving flowers to clients and employees is a sophisticated way to recognize workplace accomplishments. A mixed floral arrangement of reds, rich oranges and fuchsias inspires and energizes.
- Say “I appreciate all you do” to teachers and childcare professionals with flowers in bright oranges and lime greens. Those colors together are contemporary, generate energy and excitement, and are perfect for showing thanks and appreciation.
- For your wife, send her favorite flowers – the varieties at your wedding, flowers you sent her when you first started dating or the ones she buys for herself. What is her favorite color? Those flowers will have great meaning and impact.
Creative Card Messages When Sending Flowers for Women’s Day
- I admire you. Happy Women’s Day!
- You’re my hero. Happy Women’s Day!
- You have a special way of making the world a better place. Happy Women’s Day!
- Thanks for all you do. Happy Women’s Day!
- Thank you for always being there. Happy Women’s Day!
- There’s never been a minute I wasn’t glad you were my (Mom, Grandma, Friend, Sister, Neighbor, Teacher etc.) Happy Women’s Day!
- Thanks — you really make a difference. Happy Women’s Day!
- Thank you just isn’t enough! You’re the best! Happy Women’s Day!
- Thank you for all you do — you are a true friend. Happy Women’s Day!
- Sending love along with a thankful heart. Happy Women’s Day!
Aboutflowers.com is hosted by the Society of American Florists, the U.S. floral industry trade association. Click below to find a local SAF member florist to send flowers, roses and gifts for delivery.